Manually sign installer

Any SharpSetup related discussions are welcome here including but not limited to questions about functionality, suggestions for improvements and technical questions.
reem

Manually sign installer

Postby reem » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello tomasz,

I have a question regarding signing the installer, I need to sign each part of the installer solution manually, in that I mean, signing the Gui.exe then the Installer.exe (and maybe sign the installer stub) and copy the signed output to each project output path before building the next project (taking the build order into consideration), if I do so, will I be doing it the right way? if not, I would appreciate some clarification on how this can be done.

Somehow I am forced to use this scenario according to some policies.

I would appreciate your answer

tomasz_grobelny

Re: Manually sign installer

Postby tomasz_grobelny » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm

There is a much simpler way, please have a look here: http://sharpsetup.eu/using-sharpsetup/signing-installer

reem

Postby reem » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 am

Thanx
Actually I have read it before, but the thing is that I dont have access to the certificate and there is no visual studio on the machine where the certificate exists. That's why I need to do it that way.
Any guidance?

tomasz_grobelny

Postby tomasz_grobelny » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Note that the SignCommand will just be invoked on every file that needs to be signed. So in principle you could write a script/application that would take file supplied as argument to the command and transfer it to the machine that has the certificate, sign it there (eg. using psexec) and transfer it back. Or you could just create script that would stop the build execution with "pause" and do the above steps manually. Either way I would still try to use the mechanism with SignCommand and just try to play with what the actual command might be.

Return to “General”