SharpSetup and Windows 2008 Logo Certification

Any SharpSetup related discussions are welcome here including but not limited to questions about functionality, suggestions for improvements and technical questions.
gman

SharpSetup and Windows 2008 Logo Certification

Postby gman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,

I am reviewing the use of SharpSetup as our choosen Windows Installer technology route for our suite of applications. A future require of these installers may be to get them Windows Logo certified.

Does anyone know if using the SharpSetup framework with WIX will be valid in terms of the certification requirements?

Many Thanks
GMan

tomasz_grobelny

Re: SharpSetup and Windows 2008 Logo Certification

Postby tomasz_grobelny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 am

I cannot tell for sure as I have no personal experience with applying for Windows Logo certificate but I did have a look at document entitled "Requirements for the
Windows Server 2008 Logo Program for Software" and I see nothing obvious that would prevent you from getting the certification if the installer was made using SharpSetup.
I know that some users were about to apply for Windows 7 certification - I did not hear back about any problems so I can only assume that the certification passed smoothly. I have also sent an e-mail to one user and I will let you know should I get any feedback.
In any case, should you have any issues with getting the certification with SharpSetup based installer just let me know - I am sure we will be able to fix them.

gman

Re: SharpSetup and Windows 2008 Logo Certification

Postby gman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for your reply that is very reasuring. I will be recommending we use SharpSetup for our product installers.

Thanks.

Return to “General”