Today a Release Candidate 1 version of upcoming SharpSetup 2.2 has been made available. It brings many stability improvements compared to Beta 1 prerelease version.
New features in SharpSetup 2.2:
- New dialogs to support installing applications that use Internet Information Services (IIS) and MS SQL Server. Now you can easily pick existing website or database or specify that one should be created during installation.
- Extended Generic Exe prerequisite module to support easy installaton of SQL Server.
- Support for installing Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and .NET Framework 4.6.
- Simplified development of custom prerequisite plugins - now you can develop both the installer and the prerequisite in one solution easily. This is possible because plugins are loaded into separate AppDomain and consequently files are not locked.
- Last but not least - support for upcoming Visual Studio 2015 and WiX 3.10.